Thursday 25 August 2011

Singing for Change Acoustic tour - Busking 101



Even though my album title is partly inspired by buskers, I have never busked before until I got a call to do so for the Mayor of London SkyRide campaign.

The whole idea was to play for 30mins with a 30 minute break at intervals of six slots. I said yes and then thought to myself "you must be crazy"

I was pleasantly surprised though as most of the Cyclers either waved as they pedalled past my spot or shouted a greeting or two.

Music is a major part of most peoples' everyday life so to be asked to play my songs was great, I imagined my voice and music serving as a soundtrack to their cycling.



My spot was extra special too. During my 30 minute break I sat at the bench in the park overlooking the lake and watched the ducks enjoying themselves.

When my slot was over at 4 o'clock that evening, I most definitely felt like a legitimate London Busker... If only for a day.

More stories on my Singing For Change tour to come..

Follow me on twitter @iamlanre

No comments: