Monday 19 September 2011

New SONG | BEAUTIFUL....


Once upon a time there was a little girl, she always wanted to be like everyone else, she had the brownest eyes hair so soft as wool, no one ever told her she was beautiful..

Those are the first few lines of my song BEAUTIFUL and those where the first words that came to me before the song eventually developed into two verses chorus and a bridge.

People have told me that my songs come across like lullabies.

I tend to deal with serious issues using the simplest words possible and I think when people listen to my new project, they will get that sense in most of the songs.

With BEAUTIFUL, I now see it as a lullaby I would sing to my younger self.

We live in a world and a society where beauty or what is seen as beautiful fits into certain molds and anything outside that is considered NOT BEAUTIFUL.

So this is a story of a girl who grew up wanting to be like everyone else. Wanting someone else's hair, eyes, skin.... simply because though she was never called ugly she was never called BEAUTIFUL.

So she goes on living life looking for love in all the wrong places, looking for affirmation with other people... silently SCREAMING LOOK AT ME!! ME!!

Then one day she looks in the mirror...



Isn't it amazing how you hear or see something you've always read or looked at and something jumps out at you it all becomes crystal clear, it's like you are seeing it for the very first time.

yeah! she looked in the mirror and she said "hold on a minute, I AM BEAUTIFUL I Love my hair, I love my nose, I LOVE MY SKIN"

I have tried to put the idea of being comfortable in my skin in this one song "BEAUTIFUL" and when I feel down and feel less than beautiful, I will go back and listen to remind myself that I AM BEAUTIFUL and SO ARE YOU

Enjoy BEAUTIFUL click below
Beautiful by Lánre

PEN VOYAGE CHAPTER 1; SINGING FOR CHANGE is out 30th SEPT 2011 http://www.lanreworld.com

1 comment:

AFalomo said...

YES!!! Very true words....