Monday 21 November 2011

Pen Voyage Liner Notes - Track 8


This is the only song on the album that the music came to me first before the words. Once I had the initial guitar progression down, the words just wrote themselves I believe.

I wrote a blog about LOVE WAY a few months back but then I wasn't sure if i was going to call it Love Way or Love Lane. I decided to call it Love Way in the end because the subject matter I believe is about Faith being a way of Life not Religion.

There are various elements that constitutes a great song sarcasm is one of them and I think there was a bit of that in this song. It is my tongue in the cheek song. The first time I played the rough sketch for FEMI TEMOWO he said it felt like a lullaby that dealt with a serious issue. I think he is right.

I think one of the things I have learnt in the last few years is to differentiate between religion and faith... I am still learning. This song is also a question that I believe I haven't got the answer for. I know in part but I wish I knew more, I wish I had all the answers. One thing I do know is God is much more than the box any human being can create. When you think you have Him figured out then he shows up in a whole new way and form. I have seen God in the most unusual places.... up in the club, out in the streets.

He must be more than
Praying before every meal
He must be more than
Meetings everyday of the week
He must be more than
Praying out loud with fancy words
God must be more than
Living by faith without works


I will like to write songs that deals with the questions in people's heart. Singing what we're all thinking.

I remember the first time I had to sing this song in a church, I did feel quite uncomfortable at first but I went for it knowing that a lot of people feel the same way I do.

One of the the quotes I really love is this...

"music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn..." Charlie Parker





Pen Voyage Chapter 1; Singing for Change is out on iTunes, Amazon and other digital stores
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/pen-voyage-chapter-1-singing/id466810768

You can buy the physical CD here



Listen to tracks from the album here
Latest tracks by Lánre

1 comment:

Bisola said...

Feels like the story stopped before it should!! great writeup on Love Way.