Friday 30 May 2014

HOME Liner Notes - Track 2 | Stone Collector



I wrote this song after a conversation I had with a man who has a habit of collecting stones. 

I was obviously curious as to why…

He said he collected stones for good luck. My first thought was, how bizarre!

The more I questioned him about why, and how on earth he thought the stones in his pockets made any difference to how his fortune turned out, the more I realised how very alike we all are. I stopped judging him, I instead accepted and respected his choice to collect stones and wrote a song instead. 

Isn't it amazing how what you need to read, listen to, watch..... comes to you at the moment when you need it

So, these past few days I've been reading about dreams and inner voice and I realise that Stone Collector is a little glimpse into those things. We are all searching for that voice to assure us that

Everything will be ok!
You are  on the right path!
You will win!

And what we spend our lives doing is searching for that voice elsewhere but within us.


A couple of days ago, the legend and extra special human being Dr. Maya Angelou, passed away and her last tweet was this..

'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God.'

THAT IS IT!!

The voice speaking to you is within you, willing you to be quiet and listen. (we are not doing a lot of that these days, everyone is talking at the same time and no one is listening)

Let that voice lead you!


You can download Stone Collector (from the EP - Home) on itunes

Stream via Spotify 


No comments: